A day in the life with a baby

Our mornings start around 5:30am but today Lorenzo was kind to his mummy and slept until 6am after his 3am feed.

I usually bring Lorenzo back to bed with me for his first feed of the day and some cuddles and mostly because I take a while to get up!

Once he is fed and mummy is awake we go back to his room and get a nappy change and dressed for the day. And can I just say why are all these bibs too small or too big!

By 7am little Mr cracks it and is ready for his first nap of the day which is usually only an hour because he just seems to need that quick cat-nap to get by.

The hour that Lorenzo sleeps that’s when I get to begin the cleaning I usually only get time to do a few things for example this morning I got the kitchen done, bottles cleaned and cleaned the living area and mopped oh and also the washing out on.

That sounds like a lot but it’s not… I still have to clean the bathroom which seems to get messy every night now because bath time with Lorenzo means toys and his baby bath!? Who knew a baby could leave so much mess like we have a toddler already.

Today is our food shopping day so once i clean the house I begin my shopping list for the next two weeks.

Then I go have a shower and take care of myself well Lorenzo is still sleeping, he usually wakes during my shower or just after so it’s a quick one for this mumma.

Does anyone else clean well in the shower or is this just me!? I actually use cleaning products after I’ve cleaned myself and well I’m still in the shower I’m scrubbing those tiles…

Lorenzo just like clock work has woken well I was in the shower 8:30am

I quickly get dressed and attended to him. He has his second feed when he has woken up and then he just plays for a bit well I finish getting ready.

Once I’m dressed I never have time to dry my hair.. we are actually going out for our food shopping so I begin to pack his baby bag and get his car seat ready.

Once everything is ready to go I quickly change Lorenzo’s nappy and then off we go!

When we go food shopping we don’t take the pram and we wear the wrap as it’s such a nightmare having Hayden push the trolley and me the pram and I feel so bad for the other people.

When we got home Lorenzo fell asleep for about 40mins which he never does but I guess shopping made him sleepy. But it meant I got to unload all our food.

Lorenzo woke up around 10:30am and helped mummy make lunch for our family lunch at mine.

But of course when the family got here he was due for his nap and went down from 11am -12noon

Once woken he had a bottle and enjoyed the afternoon with our family.

At 2pm Lorenzo went down for his afternoon nap and woke at 3:30pm

Lorenzo enjoyed his feed once woken as his last one was at 12noon

To kill time before Lorenzo’s bed time we got him dressed in his pjs and went to the shops to buy him a jolly jumper, between 4-5pm he just cries but if I put him to bed before 5:30pm he wakes 3 times during the night because he went down early so we try and hold him out and this usually means keeping him busy.

At 5:30pm we feed his last bottle of the day and then he plays until he gets tired and then it’s bed time.

Lorenzo fell asleep by 5:50pm

Once Lorenzo is asleep I made myself dinner and sat and watched movies until 8pm and then I went to bed.

Author: Thecaesarfamily

Brisbane Australia Mother to a toddler and his name is Lorenzo. wife Baby girl due April the 24th 2020 oh and I work full time as a teacher. I blog it all! Tackling motherhood with a whole lot of bribery.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s